Thursday, August 19, 2010

retouching 1

This is for Imaging class with Kate Luke.
This image is my head shot image using appropriate photo-retouching. I thought because this image was a very clean, nice portrait i decided not to take the editing to "full" lengths as it would over-do the photo.
I started off with the Raw image:



Then did some minor production in Lightroom:



Following i retouched this photograph in CS5.
Exported file from Lightroom:



The first layer to edit on is the hair.
I cloned the hair from other spots and blended it in to match original hair (this is mainly visible in the fringe). Using the Dodge tool, i created nice highlights in the hair, and the Burn tool to use on the darker parts of her hair.
This layer also included minor skin adjustments, moles and blemishes using the Clone tool, and also the Dodge tool.



The 2nd layer I focused more on the skin:
This is where i "blurred" the skin on a low strength. I also used the Dodging tool and Patch tool to smooth out more areas in the skin.



The 3rd layer I focused on the eyes, wrinkles:
Using the Patch tool this removed wrinkles but remained detail and texture.



The 4th and final layer is where i played more around with "typical aesthetics", removing weight of her face and making it a bit more "magazine-looking".
This was done using the Liquify tool. Using this function can be over-used and it can also remove a lot of detail within a photograph if used too much as it is be compressed away. Also I added more texture to the left of her face using the Burn tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment